|Two Throw Vertical Design Reciprocating
Compressors For Air Or Gas Service
Relocating its factory operations to Stratford, CT, USA in 2005, Norwalk Compressor Company, Inc. continues designing and manufacturing its proprietary range of water cooled reciprocating compressors. Since its inception, in 1864, Norwalk Compressor Company has made many significant contributions to the advancement of compressor technology, including the patent for the world's first multi-stage compressor in 1880, and earned a worldwide reputation for long term reliability and efficiency.
All of this experience is utilized in the CHARGER series compressor, which is probably best known as the heart of Norwalk's natural gas vehicle (NGV) fueling stations around the world. However, the CHARGER is a versatile unit which has also been used to compress a wide variety of other gases including Helium, Hydrogen, Nitrogen and Air to pressures as high as 4,000 PSIG (281 kg/cm2).
The CHARGER is a heavy duty, low speed, two throw, vertically configured compressor. It is a crosshead design unit with a nominal frame rating of 40 HP (30KW), and as standard equipment incorporates single compartment distance piece with oil scrapers and gas packings. Cylinder group options are available in 1 thru 4 stages of compression in both oil lubricated and non-lubricated configurations.
Every CHARGER compressor includes the following Standard Features:
- Designed for Continuous Service with Minimum Maintenance
- V-Belt Drive - Gear or Direct Drive Optional
- Force Feed Lubrication for Frame and Running Gear
- Crosshead and Distance Piece Assembly with Cylinder Packings and Oil Scrapers
- Piston and Packing Ring Materials Designed for Each Application
- Water Cooled Cylinders - Available in Lubricated or Non-Lubricated Configurations
- Available for Customer Packaging or Fully Factory Packaged
CHARGER compressors can be designed and engineered to suit the most rigorous specifications, and numerous packaging options are offered.